Friday, August 21, 2009

In Loving Memory

Yesterday, a piece of me died.

Erik and I went to Target to buy Scrabble (we used to play it all the time - until we moved and realized it was actually our roommate's). We didn't find one, but as we were leaving we swung by the jewelry counter to check on my friend...the Lobster Necklace.



Erickson Beamon for Target - Lobster Pendant Necklace

Now, I think this thing is absolutely ridiculous, but in a fabulous way. If it weren't $39.99 for the entire year that I kept seeing it (the only one) at this same Target, I would have bought it in an instant. I was honestly waiting for them to realize no one was going to buy it and lower the price drastically in which case I would buy it, wear it, get complements, forget about it, wear it 3 months later, get more complements and then put it away forever.

SOMEONE MUST HAVE HAD THE SAME IDEA. IT WAS GONE.

The other equally strange pieces of jewelry in the line were there and reduced to $19.99. SOMEONE HAD BOUGHT THE LOBSTER NECKLACE.

What's worse is that I can't find it anywhere else...not online, not on ebay...nowhere.

I guess it was never meant to be.

RIP Lobster-y friend...you will be missed.

No comments: